Happy first month of summer. Is it the school kid in me that even after 15 years I still get so excited for summer break? I don’t really take a “break” from anything and don’t really plan any fun vacations for this month but it still has an underlying feeling of FREEDOM! The days are longer, the flowers are blooming, and there seems to be more energy to do fun projects.
The month of June hosts Donut Day, Best Friends Day, Iced Tea Day, Flip Flop Day, Father’s Day, First Day of Summer, and Sunglasses Day. I don’t know about you but I can get excited to celebrate any and all of those days. Check out the list of other days to celebrate in June.
June’s birthstone is the pearl. What a gorgeous birthstone to complement your first start to a tan and your vibrant bright clothes.
Legends and Traditions of Pearls:
- Wearing pearls on the day of your wedding promises marital bliss and blessing
- Ideal present for newborn babies and for 1st, 3rd, 12th, & 30th anniversaries
- Heidi Klum, Nicole Kidman, and Angelina Jolie share this birthstone
- The process of building a pearl can take up to 7 or 8 years
- The Latin word for pearl means “unique” - - every pearl is different
- Pearl is also an old fashioned feminine first name that may be making a come back
Here are some other Pearls facts straight from the authority of gems, GIA:
Pearls come in an array of gorgeous jewelry, here are a few of my new found favorites that complement a wide range of styles from our boutique:
Click here to shop these pearl looks and others!
And when hitting up your local farmer’s market, be sure to check out June’s seasonal delicious veggies and fruits.
Thank you for reading and check out our Pinterest board here for more June fun facts and actives. Happy Friday!